Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I went to see a property today. when I asked the person who represented the property if there was anything wrong with the property, he gave me the standard we do not know anything about it answer. He said that he had several properties that his company was involved with and they were working on four other properties at the moment and that is why this one was up for sale. When i went out to see it i noticed that there was a crack in the outer brick wall that went from the window to the foundation. When I asked one of the investors I work with if he was familiar with such a phanaminon he asked if there were any big trees near the building. Which infact ther ewere several. He explained to me that what i was seeing was the result of the roots of the trees growing and cracking the foundation. The only way to repair this is to tear down the brick wall, dig up the foundation, dig up and remove the tree's roots and then rebuild.

The sickest part if the whole thing is that, they are even attempting to over charge for it. It is my beleif that people who rehab 50 properties a year, as they toled me that they did would know this. It is my beleif that they are hiding behind a line used by the banks that they " Seller acquired property through foreclosure and has no knowledge of defects affecting value or use."

It makes sense when an out of town bank uses that line, but when local investors use it, I find it a little hard to believe. They are just waiting for someone who does not recognize that problem to unload the property on.

Of course I have no way of proving this, it just adds up. So many dishonest people out there. you really have to be on your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment